Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bold Blossom Thank You Card

Happy Saturday!
I hope that you're enjoying the weekend. The day started quite grey and rainy here, but I think I see the sun trying to peak out through the clouds. Today's post is a card I made for the Friday Mashup Challenge 12 Sketch Using the Colors Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard and Very Vanilla. I knew right away that I wanted to use my new Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch and the coordinating Bold Blossom stamp set, but I had to think about what DSP to use. I looked through my large selection (I'm a hoarder of DSP) and found Autumn Traditions from last year's catalogue. For the top layer I decided to stamp various butterflies using the colours and the butterfly from the Bold Blossoms stamp set. To soften it up, I sponged the edges.



Here's my card:


















Here are the details:

CS: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard
DSP: Autumn Traditions (retired)
Stamp Set: Bold Blossom
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard
Embellishments: pearl from Pretties Kit (retired)
Tools: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch

Enjoy the weekend,
Ana

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use the butterflies in the centre box! I love it! Thanks for joining us at the Mashup this week!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great... I love how you used the butterflies as your focal piece as well... I love that new Blossom Punch too .. there is just so much you can do with it.. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely - the triple punch is the perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ana, Thanks for putting your creative ideas together for the Friday Mashup this week. I love your stright take on my sketch, you've used the colours beautifully too.

    I really like that you made your own unique background paper out of the butterflies, I'm always creating my own bg papers with stamps. Good Luck!
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those butterflies are great with that triple floral punch! Thabs for playing along with the Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete