Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wedding Wishes

Happy Saturday,
Today in London, Ontario it's a beautiful day for a wedding. I'm looking forward to the family wedding later today. The wedding card I made uses the same colours as the wedding invitation - black, pink and white. I can't remember the last time I used black cardstock as the base for the card. The invitation looked clean and modern so I wanted to create the same look on my card. I knew I wanted to use an older stamp set that I haven't used in ages - On a Pedestal. I know it's a birthday stamp set, but I think the birthday cake can pass for a wedding cake. For the layout and design I went to Friday Mashup challenge #21 - Bossy and Sketchy. Interestingly the layout is similar to the one I had in mind and I also wanted to use an embossing folder for the card. Since I'm using two older stamp sets , I thought I'd participate in Just Add Ink #82 - Just Add . . .  Something from your stash.

Here's the sketch:



Here's my card:























Here are the details:

CS: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Stamp Set: On a Pedestal, Whimsical Words
Ink: Melon Mambo
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Decorative Label Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch

Enjoy the day,
Ana

6 comments:

  1. Very fun and cheerful! That sentiment is perfect for a wedding! Thanks for joing us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana, It's fabulous that you're becomming one of our regular players at the Friday Mashup! I always love to see what you create, your cards usualy feature clean lines and great colour combos. This is no exception, and yes you're right that can easily pass for a wedding cake! Hope the wedding was a wonderful event.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Ana glad to see you back! This is a great Wedding card... I love the colors you used. That cake image is too cute. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the wedding and thanks for enjoying playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfect as a wedding cake Ana! Bright and modern. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, that image is perfect for a wedding cake! Those colors make for a great modern card and I'm sure the bride and groom loved this!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete